AIM
hhoguera

Anika's Odyssey Anika's Odyssey

Professional-looking, appealing and endearing game

Ah, always a good idea to fix machinery... kick it until the problem solves itself. XD

Still, a very nice, appealing, and even rather endearing adventure game that should definitely appeal muchly to youngsters.
In fact, it really reminds me of those kid-directed Point 'n Click adventures I used to play myself when I was younger...

Tricky, yet linear enough for kids to solve and play.
One slight thing you might have wanted to do was add a few more "Surprise-Clickables". Y'know, like if you click on the vegetable bed, Anika pulls out a carrot and eats it... or one of the mushroom houses, and a little gnome pops his head out, looks around and goes back in again. Y'know, random eastereggs like that. Kids love that kind of stuff, and it gives an extra sense of interactivity; even if it doesn't do anything to help progress in the game. Still, as-is, it's definitely an awesome interactive adventure.

Oh yeah, and you're somewhat discrediting some of the people in your credits, as a few of the names are unreadable because of the cloud. =)

Super Smash Flash Super Smash Flash

I really really WANT to like this. But...

At first glance, this is a really impressively done Smash Brothers clone made in Flash, and to that, I can only show respect and plenty kudos.
A decent (if somewhat fanboy-ish here and there - Naruto, Inuyasha and Cloud? Come on.) lineup of characters, a relatively well done interface and battle system, and still... it certainly isn't without its glaring flaws.

First off - gameplay issues. When I move around with my character, everything goes well... until I turn around, and find myself "warping" half an inch over to where I'm turning towards, making it really difficult to aim my jumps right.
Next on the list is the acceleration/deceleration of airborne characters.
All characters are really very floaty, and unneccesarily so.
When I jump and keep forward pressed with any character, I can practically clear the entire distance of the playing field in a single double-jump. This WOULD be convenient, if not for the fact that enemies do so too, making it unneccesarily hard to KO them - as they return from impossible places - even after hitting them clear outta the field at over 300% damage!
Needless to say, this makes stuff like 100 man Melee and 15-minute Melee near impossible - as I'm spending pretty much the entire battle struggling to get the FIRST four, maybe five characters out of the field before losing my one and only life by eventually racking up around 250% damage and suddenly practically WARPING out of the playing field by the most simple attacks which, ironically, I can NOT magically return from.

Which brings us to damage issues. Damage racks up way too quickly at some points. I've found myself obtaining over 70-90% damage in 2-3 seconds simply by standing close to an opponent character.

Finally, there's the matter of... Blade.
I'm not going to repeat stuff undoubtedly said by previous reviewers on this regard, but.... Blade. What.

At a final note... you might want to keep the names of the hidden characters... y'know... hidden on the credits screen when they're not unlocked yet. That'd be pretty keen, 'cause now I pretty much know who's gonna be unlocked while the only one I actually HAVE unlocked would be Jiggly.

Well, that's all, I suppose. All in all... real decent effort, but there's a good amount of issues that seriously need work before this can truly be considered a flash masterpiece.
Keep it up though, you obviously got the right stuff.

Sonic Millionare Sonic Millionare

Decent game, poor execution.

I'm gonna have to say that many of the answers to these questions are dead wrong.

There are 15 emeralds total in Sonic 3 and Knuckles; 7 Chaos, 7 Super, and 1 Master.

Knuckles eats fruits; it's listed in his profile in the Sonic 3 booklet that his favorite food is Grapes.

5 series?
Let's see, there's Adventures of Sonic, SatAM, Sonic Underground, Sonic X... So tell me, what's the 5th Sonic series?

And on a minor style note... the answer is "C" WAY too often. ;P

Dot Destroyer Dot Destroyer

And my high score is...

Whoo yeah - 9517!
Simple game, but pretty well made and nicely executed.

anthro79 responds:

well done, i couldnt get much more than 7000 myself

Creativity Square 2 Creativity Square 2

Awesome.

This could be the bomb if it was embedded on the Newgrounds Front Page. It's like Drawball, but with words! Splendid.

Were is the ball Were is the ball

Meh

Not really exciting, way too easy, and after six tries it always turned out to be under the right cup....

Sonic Character Designer Sonic Character Designer

Cool trinket.

I tried to make my own custom character in it. It worked allright, but I still have a couple of suggestions:

-It'd be nice if some options were simultaneously available - for instance, my character happens to have both regular spikes, AND a hairy bit on the front of his head.
The "Messy" hairdo compensated for it a little, but it'd be nice nonetheless.

-The feet are a bit.... huge. o_O;;

-A Gender option would be nice in the future. If it was there and I simply missed it, you can just disregard the comment.

-As for those who want to "Save" their image...
Try hitting the Printscreen button, then going to your favorite imaging program and hit Ctrl-V (or select Paste from the menu) and Voila!
(Perhaps you'll want to add that message to the movie before they start making their character or something. =P)

Worms SoundBoard Worms SoundBoard

Okay, but somewhat pointless.

Anyone in a right mind has at least one version of Worms, and you pretty much chose the sound effects of the most generic one.
As such, anyone who can take the trouble to dig in his "SFX" folder has access to these files in WAV format, making a soundboard rather obsolete.

I don't really see the use of Soundboards in the first place, anyway. But that might just be me.
I like Worms though, so I'm not gonna vote all too low.
But soundboards are hardly a way to show any skill in using Flash.

Slamdunk Anime Game Slamdunk Anime Game

Very much of the ass-kicking variety.

I normally don't like Basketball all that much, but I still took a dare to try this game out, and I'm glad I did.
The mix of Chibi characters and "Full screen Anime" scenes works very well.
It took me a while to get the hang of it, and in the end, I lost 5-11 on Easy mode.
For the record, I chose the top 2 guys, Kaede and Hanamichi.

You might wanna put a "Restart Game" button at the end, though. Just a suggestion.

Overall great job!

the classroom the classroom

Very nice job. =)

I don't often review front page titles unless they're about a topic I'm muchly interested in, but this game is a worthy exception to that.
It's very challenging, and the simplicity/fun ratio is off the charts. =)

I can honestly say I've cleared the game without cheating (the previous reviewer gave a password, but I didn't use it because I wanted to see the whole game).

Hilarious ending, cool twist in the last level.

I'm not gonna give any passwords or anything to help others cheat - however, a minor hint; At some point, the safest place to be is near the Teacher's desk... ;)

And wow, you weren't kidding with the "take EVERY chance to cheat" bit. Nice touch, though a little frustrating at some points.

Worthy front-page place. ^_^